I recently completed my second mud run of the year. Here are some things I learned:
1) College students don’t need a crazy race to dress up in costumes, but it doesn’t hurt
2) If you are thinking the emphasis is on the “racing” in a mud race then you are mistaken
3) If you are thinking the emphasis is on the “obstacles” in a mud race then you are slightly mistaken
4) If you are thinking the emphasis is on spending a day in the hills wallowing in filth and watching/laughing at other people falling all over the place just prior to or after you fall all over the place then you are pretty right on the button
5) Pigs don’t like mud nearly as much as humans
6) After running 6 miles through swamp and muck, root systems and hay bales, getting bruised and scratched and tired – paying a few dollars to rinse off with warm water instead of using a hose attached to freshly melted snow, or possibly liquid nitrogen, is totally worth it.
7) Most importantly - sleeping feels so great once you are clean and well fed once again.
Unfortunatley for me I was caught on fire, doused with strange chemicals, and dumped into the Louisiana swamps by the evil Dr. Anton Arcane, but then my body mutated. No longer am I human, or even an animal. My body is now made from the muck and plants of the swamp. I'm super strong and can make plants do my bidding. Oh, the joys of things in the swamp.