October 03, 2012

Manly sweat, but no men in sight

I know females are supposed to "glisten" when they exercise or something like that, but I start sweating by jumping-jack number four. After I’ve finished at the gym, drenched in sweat and tired, I sit down to stretch. I can’t help but think that while I’ve never been in a Viking ship (it’s on my list of things to think about doing before I die), my general odor is reminiscent of 48 sweaty men rowing at the oars in the bowels of a ship – sweat pouring from their faces, all cramped together in the tight quarters of the underbelly, the stench heavy in the air with nowhere else to go. That's me after a real workout. The question is, if the results are so disgusting, why do I keep going? I have no answer, I just like it. I guess I'm weird that way.

No comments:

Post a Comment